Monday, February 14, 2011

{Sew} Modern Monday #6

Welcome to another edition of 
{Sew} Modern Monday here at Canoe Ridge Creations!
{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations
This week, I wanted share this little bag I made using the Stash and Dash Bags pattern by Amy Butler.  If you are new to her patterns, I would highly recommend starting with this pattern.  The project itself is small and the directions are not as intense as some of the more advanced Amy Butler patterns.
stash and dash bag.
If you can't tell already, I [heart] all things Amy Butler.  
Her fabric, her books, her patterns.  
Everything.
stash and dash bag.
I love the fact that this pattern was small enough to finish in just a few hours, yet it still looks tailored.  I think that is why I am always drawn to her patterns.  They are homemade and look professional.
stash and dash bag.
It is perfect for all my hand sewing supplies 
and small enough I can throw it in a purse.  
stash and dash bag.
And now before you link up,
I thought I would share some flickr goodies.  
Happy Valentines Day Everyone!
Happy Valentines Day!

Now it is your turn to link up. Here are the rules...
1.) Link up a recent sewing project finish using modern fabrics and/or designs.  Please link to the specific post, not just your blog home page.
2.) Link back to my blog in your post.  If you want, grab the {Sew} Modern Monday button over on the sidebar and add it to your blog.  That way you won't have to remember each week.
3.) Please check out other people's {Sew} Modern Monday links.  What fun is a linky party without comments?  Please take the time to comment on other people's posts.
4.) If you like, join the flickr group and share your pictures there as well.

8 comments:

  1. I love your stash bag...I actually think I enjoy yours a lot better than the ones on the cover of the pattern (gasp!). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little bag, it's so cute! I've linked up my 2nd ever quilt, and would love for people to stop by and say hi on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, I haven't seen that pattern before! Great choices for fabric, it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that bag is so cute! Definitely perfect for all your little hand sewing goodies, great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute bag - I may actually try that one of these days! I've been wanting to do some Amy Butler bag patterns but am a little intimidated. This looks like a good place to start, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your little bag is awesome! i LOVE those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI. I am having terrible problems getting your button to work. The html does not seem to link properly. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete