Monday, January 10, 2011

{Sew} Modern Monday #1

Welcome to the first ever {Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations! 

One of my goals for 2011 is to finish some of my WiPs, there is no shortage of those over here. :)  So starting the year off with a bang, here is my first finish of 2011.  


I originally saw this quilt (sorry I can't seem to find the post) from Twin Fibers and I was hooked.  It uses 2 1/2 inch squares, perfect for this Amy Butler charm pack.


I first sewed the squares onto the Kona solid background, and then followed these lines in my quilting.  I really like the look of the double stitch lines.

I love the look of the raw edges.


Quilt stats:
Name: Scrappy Squares
Size: 38" x 38"
Fabrics: Amy Butler and Kona Natural

Now it's time for the fun part, your finishes!  

Here are the rules:
1.) Link up a recent sewing project using modern fabrics and/or designs.  Please link to the specific post, not just your blog home page.
2.) Link back to my blog in your own post.  If you want, grab the {Sew} Modern Monday button over on my side bar and add it to your blog page.  That way you won't have to remember each week.
3.) Check out other people's {Sew} Modern Monday links.  What fun is a linky party without comments?  Please take the time to comment on other people's posts.
4.) If you like, join the flickr group and share your pictures there as well.



11 comments:

  1. I love the look of this! I'm wondering if the quilt in my head that looks like this is the same one you're referencing? It's been a while but I've thought of making one of these too. I like the idea of sewing them individually then quilting. The colors are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I've never done a quilt with raw edges, but this looks beautiful! Looks like a great project for scrapbusting, which is on my To Do list this year, so I'm definitely bookmarking this one. Thanks for hosting this new linky, can't wait to see what everyone is up to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I have been wanting to do a ticker tape but I like patterns and specific lines so this might be the perfect alternative for me! {so, did you just cut the charm pack-5 inches square, right?-into fours?} And I have SOOoooooo many WIPs to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I really like this. I saw Crazy Mom Quilt's ticker tape and thought it would be fun, but I think I like the organization of yours better. It looks like it would be a perfect baby quilt with all those soft edges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Great colors and the soft edges are a really nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this design on V & Co. a while ago, it's a really cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your quilt turned out! Those Amy Butlers look so bright and cheery! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. doh! i missed the linky. I'll try again next week. great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's an other great way to use a charm pack! I'm so glad I found your blog! It gives me so much ideas!

    But I missed the linky!

    /Mari

    ReplyDelete
  10. I featured your quilt on my blog today!

    kimboscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually just got done making a quilt like this a followed the link from Kimbo West to here! Yours is so much more pretty than mine. How did you keep your squares in place? mine shifted so much. Did you use batting in the middle? I saw this in a store called mormon handi craft and i tried to copy because I went back and the pattern was gone! (don't you hate that!) You did an awesome job on this!

    ReplyDelete