Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Urban Windows Quilt

Sometimes it is so satisfying to dig out an old unfinished project, one that hasn't seen the light of day for months, and actually turn it into a finished project.  This is the case with my last finish.  Ever since starting WiP Wednesday, over at Freshly Pieced (go check it out!), a few weeks ago, I have felt overwhelmed with all my works in progress.  I often find myself jumping at the gate to cut into new fabric and start a new project, that I fall short somewhere shortly after.  That being said, I decided for every new project I start, I want to finish one UFO.  Ugh!  At that pace maybe sometime in 2011 I will get caught up! :)  Oh well!  Holding true to my word, that is just what I did last week.  I took some blocks I had started a while ago (I can honestly say I have no idea how long it has been) and decided to scrap the original plan and come up with something new.  


And so........with a little trim here and there, some Kona Cotton Solid (when in doubt, go with grey!), and some sashing........I ended up with this.



I actually love it!  Way more than I thought I was going to when I first pulled the blocks out of that UFO tub last week.  It has motivated me to dig out some more unfinished projects and see what else I have hiding!  




Now all this quilt needs is to be basted, quilted, and bound.  I am leaning towards straight line quilting in the gray sashing.  Any thoughts?  


And the best part, this finish means I can start a new project! :) 


I am linking this to Fabric Tuesday.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on pulling out a WIP and falling in love with it again! I love the grey with the bright colours!

    I've definitely got some WIPs calling my name, but I have to find a way to like my blocks before I piece this quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think keep the lines as simple as possible and it will look elegant and sophisticated..if you want that look. It is georgeous! Thanks for your kindness re my placemats too. I love that your quilt was a WIP, they are the best to finish as you get rid of a load of guilt as well as a sweet satisfaction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove the grey. Definately, when in doubt use grey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grey works well with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in total agreeance with the gray...fabulous!! Really cute top...and can't wait to see the next project :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete